TEACHING EXPERIENCE AT UNC SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
- Med Student Education, SHS-1 “Social Health Systems”, Fall 2021, Fall 2022, SHS-2 Spring 2023
- Med Student Education, SHS-3, “Psychiatry, Ethics and the Law”, Fall 2022
- Med Student Education, Co-Instructor with Arlene Davis, et. al., SHS3, “Clinical Ethics”, September 2021.
- Med Student Education, Assistant to Gary Gala, SHS1 & SHS2, FY 2020-21
- Med Student Education, with Gary Gala, “Ethical Issues in Psychiatry” session with students on Psychiatry Rotation, recurring during FY 2020-present.
- Med Student Education, with Gary Gala, Annual Boot Camp Session with students matching in Psychiatry, “Ethical Issues in Psychiatry”, 2021-present
- Correctional Education, PHIL 163 “Practical Ethics”, Polk Correctional Institution, Fall 2021.
- Psychiatry Resident Education, with Gary Gala, “Philosophy and Psychiatry” Lectures, PGY1 Didactics, 3-4 sessions per year, 2019-present.
- Psychiatry Resident Education, Independent Research Topics with 4 trainees, 2019-present.
- Medical Professional Education, Wake AHEC, NC Child Treatment Program, Annual Conference on Evidence-Based Therapies, “Codes of Ethics and Their Relevance to Clinical Practice”, March 2022.
- Medical Professional Education, AHEC 2021 Clinical Update Virtual Summit, May 21, Addressing Ethics Topics in Mental Health: Ethical Issues in Psychopharmacology and Psychotherapy.
- Medical Professional Education, AHEC 2021 Continuing Education Webinar, May 27, Addressing Ethics Topics in Mental Health: Ethical Issues in Tele-Medicine and Forensic Psychiatry.
PREVIOUS TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
UNC-Chapel Hill, Department of Philosophy
- Introduction to Philosophy: Main Problems
- Critical Thinking
- Introduction to Ethics
- Practical Ethics
- Social Ethics and Political Thought
- Morality and Law
- Ethics and Economics
- Political Philosophy
- Ethical Practice
UVA Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies Program
- Faith, Reason and Science
- Philosophy of Criminal Law
James Madison University, Department of Philosophy
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Critical Thinking
UVA Department of Philosophy, Instructor
- Virtue Ethics
- Emotion, Morality and Character
- Free Will and Personal Identity
- Love and Friendship in Ethics